Proposed Code of Conduct for SSHBA Members
We, as members of the SouthWest Suburban Homebuilders, dedicate ourselves to carrying out the mission of our organization. We affirmative agree that we will do the following, as a condition of membership in the SSHBA:
1. Recognize that the chief function of SSHBA at all times is to serve the best interests of our organization and to aid the SSHBA in efforts to promote the use of qualified and competent builders and subcontractors with the highest ethical standards.
2. Accept as a personal duty the responsibility to keep up to date on emerging issues and to conduct ourselves with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Respect the structure and responsibilities of the board, provide them with facts and advice as a basis for their making policy decisions, and uphold and implement policies adopted by the board.
4. Conduct our organizational and operational duties with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, creativity, dedication and compassion.
6. Exercise whatever discretionary authority we have under the law to carry out the mission of the organization.
7. Serve with respect, concern, courtesy and responsiveness in carrying out the organization’s mission.
8. Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, dignity, truthfulness, honesty and fortitude in all our activities in order to inspire confidence in the building industry by units of local government and the general public.
9. Avoid any interest or activity that is in conflict with the conduct of our official duties.
10. Respect and protect privileged information to which we have access in the course of our official duties.
- Strive for personal and professional excellence and encourage the professional development of others.
- To hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties.
- To treat with respect and consideration all persons regardless of race, religion, gender, abilities, age, or national origin.
- To engage in carrying out SSHBA’s mission in a professional manner.