Filed in Disaster Response, Economics on March 26, 2020 • 0 Comments
A new, weekly survey of single-family home builders and other NAHB members confirmed the coronavirus is having a significantly adverse effect on their businesses. Among several key aspects, a drop in prospective buyer traffic was, by far, the most widespread issue caused by the illness.
Other top areas survey respondents noted as having been negatively impacted in either a major or minor way include:
- Supply of N95 respirator face masks
- Time to obtain a plan review
- Supply of building products and materials
- Amount buyers are willing to pay for a new home
- Time it takes a local building department to respond to an inspection request
- Willingness of workers and subs to report to a jobsite
For further details about the survey and its results, go to the Eye On Housing blog post.
You can access the latest NAHB news and business resources to respond to this challenge at the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response section on nahb.org.