SSHBA Mission Statement
The SouthWest Suburban Home Builders Association (SSHBA) is a professional organization representing and promoting the interest and advancement of the home building industry.
We as the SouthWest Suburban Home Builders Association along with the Home Builders Association of Illinois (HBAI) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) strive to provide a forum to support the industry through pro-active leadership and education.
The association promotes high standards, professionalism and service within the building industry and supports the American dreams of home ownership by:
- Being the unified voice for building industry issues
- Promoting political involvement and awareness
- Providing educational programs, services, activities, and networking opportunities
The roots of the SouthWest Suburban Home Builders Association date back to 1946 when the basis of the organization was formed to represent the housing industry. The membership of today’s Association is governed by President elected from the builder members and a Board of Directors consisting of over twenty dedicated builders and associates. The SSHBA currently represents around 200 industry members in the South and Southwest suburbs of Chicago, making it one of the top three builder associations based on membership in the State of Illinois.
Ten Reasons to Belong to the SouthWest Suburban Home Builders Association
- State and National Affiliation: Join 2,000 HBAI Members and 160,000 NAHB Members
- Networking: Broaden your base of business associates with attendance at SSHBA functions
- Strength in Unity: Provide a unified voice on difficult issues impacting the building industry – your industry
- Recognition: Help promote and strengthen your credibility and professionalism as an SSHBA member
- Education and Publications: Seminars, guest speakers, monthly journals, National Housing Library and the Annual Convention helps to keep you current on local and national housing trends
- Product Exposure: Participate in sponsorships and advertising opportunities offered only to SSHBA members
- Legislation and Representation: Influencing local, state and federal legislation that directly impacts your industry is an ongoing goal of SSHBA
- Sales and Marketing Council: Take advantage of Association members’ broad range of experiences as presented in sales training classes to help you sell more homes
- Social Events: Our golf outings, various events and our Christmas party are enjoyed by members throughout the year